Sunday 25 December 2011

Saturday, December 24, 2011 10:19 PM

 

Dear Diary,

After 5 days of hectic work, finally two days of rest. It is like the coming of the rains after the end of a scorching summer. Got up late @ 9 am. With nothing to do, had a light breakfast. Then went out to Thane for some personal work. While returning from Thane, the train got late. Got down at Bhandup station and reached back home at 1:30 pm. Had lunch. Was surfing channels aimlessly and finally settled down to watch The Chronicles of Narnia on Star Movies. This is one movie that I like and I have watched it many times. But still it does not bore me a bit. Dozed off at 3 pm. Drifted into one of my dreams (don’t remember what it was all about) and only woke up on hearing my mom’s voice. She wanted me to come with her to the market. Had to send out some emails so I asked my mom to go ahead. By the time I finished and joined her, she was done with her shopping and was coming back. Met her half way down. The good thing about this chore is that I get to see different people in the market busy purchasing or arguing with the vendors. Also it refreshes me and gives me a much wanted exercise. But the toughest part is negotiating the crowd at the market.

After returning, just watched some TV. (Some random programs on A Malayalam channel). A cup of tea with hot bhajiyas prepared by mom and I again stepped out @ 8 pm. This is my usual routine when I am @ home. I usually excuse myself on some pretext and then go out for my smoke. This time I had a genuine reason as I had to recharge my mobile. After that came back home and had dinner.

I have made up my mind to catalogue my books and finally found a suitable software from the net. Now I have just sat down to catalogue the same. Will be hitting the sack late today. Logged on to FB and sent out some Christmas wishes to my friends.

The place where I stay now does not have a major Christian presence. So Christmas celebrations are on a low scale. I still remember my childhood days, when we were surrounded by Christian families. Christmas used to be a very big affair than with Santa Claus, Christmas Cakes, Carols and many such things. Miss those days a lot.

Anyway, with one more Christmas approaching hoping for peace and well being of all around me. Finally finished with cataloguing of books. Ready to hit sack at 12:41 am. Talked to a old friend from FS. Felt nice.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home